Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm on a roll

I figured that while I am taking the time to write, I might as well use the time I have while Jeremy is out of town to get a few things posted.
I still need to figure out how to get photos on here (my laptop) from my camera, but for now it's going to be mostly words.
Here are a few of my favorite things as of recently:
--Eden has started singing along to the primary songs when we put her to bed at night. She doesn't just sing. She belts it out and knows almost every word to every song that we sing. That girl has a vault for a memory. We really need to get a video camera so that we can record her.
--Chocolate covered cinnamon bears. If you have not tried these, you have to. I could eat a whole bag within just a couple of days.
--Eden has started sleeping in. Ever since she was born, she has gotten up around 7:00 or earlier. I am not much of morning person, but had to become one with her internal schedule. But, she has started to go to bed later (8:00-9:00) instead of 7:00, and has actually started sleeping in. It has been a little piece of heaven sent down to a selfish, sleep-loving mother. Poor Jeremy has had to get up by himself since she has started doing this though. He doesn't seem to mind though. Nothing really ever bothers Jer though, so that's not unusual.
--Jeremy has been cooking dinner for me. I am not a fan of cooking. It is just one of those things that is absolutely necessary and important because my family needs to eat, but it just isn't something that I really look forward to. Jer is actually a really good cook:)
--Listening or watching Eden while she is taking a bath. This girl has an imagination like no other. She turns anything and everything into some sort of character (whether in the bath or anyplace else) and always has a story to go along with it. It really is hilarious to stand outside of the bathroom door and listen to what she comes up with.

.Those are just a few of the things that have really made me grateful for the little joys in life. I could go on and get more sentimental and spiritual, but I think this will do just fine.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah! A new post! Eden is just plain adorable. I am so glad she's sleeping in more--what a treat!

-Now I'm craving chocolate covered cinnamon bears--I don't generally love those...but, they sure sound mouth-watering good right now.

I've seen that book and wondered if it was good...I'll have to give it a whirl. I'm the same with books. I start a ton...but only finish the ones I'm really into. Elliott teases me about it a lot.

-Love the picture of Jeremy--so funny!

-And, yes...please blog more. I need to be better too!

Cansas said...

Hey there. I haven't read your blog in awhile. I will definately pick up the book. I am always looking for a good read, and I too always end up with a stack of books on my nightstand half read.