Friday, January 22, 2010

Great Link!

I still feel like a beginner photographer in so many ways.  Probably because I don't have the time or means to be as involved with photography as I would like to be someday.  For now, I'll just keep shooting when I can ( I definitely need to be better at this!) and keep learning from my many mistakes.
For you other "beginners" out there, here is a great link that I came across randomly:
http://allbowerpower.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/shoot-me/

I think I will break down and make myself spend money on a new lens.  I have had my eye on this one for a while, but I am wondering if I should start out with one of the lenses suggested in the link. The Canon 50 mm 1.8  (only $100), or the Canon 100mm 2.0 (a little more pricey).

Any input on what lens I should start out with on a small budget?

By the way, the following little squirts are what keep me so busy, but that is fine with me.  That should be priority #1, right?


3 comments:

EngineeringNerd said...

Everyone should have a 50mm 1.8. This is faster than the expensive 2.8 zoom and sharper too.

Get the 50mm 1.8 first. You'll thank me later. :)

EngineeringNerd said...

oh, and your right that your kidlings should be priority one. Very cute picture of them by the way. :)

Summer said...

i love the pics! cute way to frame her. and i have absolutely no clue on what lens to get. but i do agree that you should spend the $ on one, you use it so much. it would definitely not be wasted.