Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Peonies

I planted 3 Peonie bushes in one of my front flower beds this year. I decided to add these gorgeous plants to my yard after staring longingly at my neighbor's mature bushes that have been in bloom for weeks. I know we're told not to covet our neighbors things, but hey....now I don't have to.
Here is my first bloom that I cut from one of the three bushes. The scent of these makes me want to fill my yard with all of the different varieties. I think I will.

ps. if you're wondering how I was able to get such a black background...my kitchen table is black. It is becoming quite handy.

6 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

You would never know that was your kitchen table. Impressive. Very pretty!!!

EngineeringNerd said...

Very Nice! Don't we all just love flowers?

TravelMama said...

You did it! Beautiful!

Washington Hills said...

I agree. Peonies are the best! Along with rhodies and hydrangeas and daisies and black-eyed susans and...dang, I have GOT to get myself my own yard again. I'm dying here.

Summer said...

Oh Annie! Peonies are my favorite! This is a stunning photo. You've got the gift. And the eye. And the tulips back in May at Thanksgiving Point, man!! Like I said, stunning.

Jo said...

Your photography is a beautiful gift and we appreciate your sharing your photo's with us.